Sunday, October 18, 2015

Visitor at the Yard Fence

Well, I had today's blog all planned.....I was going to write about the new baby calves we had yesterday when I checked cows, and throw in some scenic pictures I took of the creek. But I'll just tuck those away for later today or tomorrow. Because this morning, right outside our bedroom window, there was this beautiful creature!
To give the back-story, night before last, I drove up to our barn, close to midnight, to make sure the heat lamps were on for the baby pigs. I saw a buck (probably this one) near our yard that night. Then, early this morning, it was barely daylight, my puppy needed to go outside for a potty break. When I walked out of our bedroom and into the backyard, a deer ran off. Again, probably this one. So when the alarm went off this morning, before letting the dogs out, I looked out the window just to see if, by chance, the buck was back. And he was!! I took these pictures from inside the house. Some from our bedroom window and some from our bathroom window.
Now yes, my husband and I do like to hunt. If you looked at my Fall Decorating post, you probably noticed some game mounts in our house. We use the meat from what we kill or we donate it to Hunters Feeding the Hungry.  But this morning, I was only shooting photos with my camera :)



No comments:

Post a Comment