Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Crock Pot Mustard Pork Chops & Taters

During my husband's two weeks off, we've been super busy on the farm. Still cleaning up (you may recall my Scrap Iron post). This time, we've been trimming limbs and hauling them to the burn pile. I see a "Bon Fire" blog in my future.....
Yesterday morning, I knew we would have a long day, so I decided to put supper on to cook in the crock pot. The crock pot is probably my best friend. Ever. It's so nice to walk in, from working on the farm all day, and smell your delicious, and fully cooked, meal.
Here's what I did:
First, I heated about 2 Tablespoons of oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.

Next, I browned the pork chops on both sides.


Then drained them on a paper-towel lined plate.


Then, I combined one can of cream of mushroom soup (which is super cheap at Aldi),


1/4 cup of chicken broth (this is my homemade broth),


1/4 cup Dijon mustard,


2 cloves of garlic, minced,


1/2 tsp dried thyme (which was a little strong, so I might just use a pinch next time),
and 1/4 tsp black pepper.


Next, wash and thinly slice 5 red potatoes and 1 onion.



Combine the sauce mixture with the potatoes and onions and place in your crock pot. I used a crock pot liner. Another one of my best friends. Seriously. It makes clean up a breeze.


Arrange your pork chops on top of the potatoes and onions. 


Then, cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours.
I intended to cook mine on low for 8 hours. However, after walking back in the house about 4 hours later, I noticed that I didn't smell the delicious aroma of my supper cooking. 
So here's a BIG TIP.......actually remember to PLUG THE CROCK POT IN! 
Yep, I did all that......but forgot to plug it in. 
So my pork chops cooked on high for 5 hours. 
They were delicious.


















No comments:

Post a Comment