Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Beer Bread

This morning it was very stormy around here. So, since I couldn't get out and check cows (thunder, lightening, hail, etc....) I decided to make good use of my time and bake some bread. This was my first attempt at Beer Bread, and it was quite successful!
Here's the recipe: 3 cups all purpose flour 3 T sugar 1 T baking powder 1 tsp salt 1 cup shredded cheese 12 oz of beer 4 T butter, softened Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5" loaf pan (I used cast iron) with half of the softened butter. Whisk flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together. Add cheese and stir with a spoon. Make a well in the center, then pour in the beer. Mix with a spoon until just combined. Spoon into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Immediately rub the top with the remaining butter. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. 

Here's a link to my YouTube video for making this bread and some pictures of the finished loaf!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81oXO0BYSqs


No comments:

Post a Comment