Friday, February 5, 2016

Fireside Seed Shopping

Last night I thoroughly enjoyed myself......I sat in my rocking chair by my cozy fire and browsed one of my favorite catalogs, Rare Seeds. The seeds are from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds, which is a family owned operation. Their seeds are WONDERFUL! I love the idea of planting quality, heirloom seeds. I believe that it is important to grow as much of your own food as possible. We are planning to incorporate a much larger garden at our farm in the future. But until that project is ready (it will need enclosing due to deer and raccoons) I will grow as much as I can in my container gardens. I do not want to use genetically altered seeds. And I prefer to grow my garden completely organic....no pesticides and using my homemade compost. You'll be seeing a lot more info about how I do this in my blog this summer. But, in the meantime, I'll sit by the fire and plan my order! You can also view their website at http://www.rareseeds.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment