Thursday, May 18, 2017

Cleaning Up (Homemade Household Cleaners)

I must admit, I'm a little late on my spring cleaning.....but I've always been more of a summer-cleaning gal anyway.  I've been making my own laundry detergent for years. So, recently, I decided to make my own household cleaners. I tried them out, and guess what? They worked! They're so much cheaper than store-bought cleaners and I know they have to be healthier to use, without all those chemicals. I purchased two spray bottles and printed out labels (which I covered in packing tape to keep them dry). I made a glass cleaner and an all-purpose spray.
For the glass cleaner I added 1 cup of water, 1 cup of white vinegar, 1/2 cup of lemon juice, and 20 drops of essential oil (just to make it smell nice, the oil is completely optional).
For the all-purpose spray I added 2 cups of water, 1/2 cup white vinegar, 2 tablespoons of baking soda, and, again, 20 drops of essential oil, if desired. Now, I'll tell you, this one foamed up and overflowed my pretty little spray bottle for a few seconds. So, next time, I'll mix it up in something larger and then pour it into my spray bottle. Live and learn......

No comments:

Post a Comment