Saturday, April 16, 2016

Super Easy Peach Pie




Here's a delicious and easy peach pie recipe that I made for my husband when he came home from working out of state for two weeks. He was one happy husband!!
I used a couple of shortcuts on this one, frozen peaches and ready-made crusts. In a pinch, they'll both save you some time.
I poured 6 cups of frozen peaches in a bowl and added the following: 1 1/4 cups sugar, 1/4 cups quick-cooking tapioca, 1/4 tsp cornstarch, 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, and 2 T lemon juice. Combine and let this sit for at least 15 minutes, gently stirring every once in a while. Go ahead and preheat your oven to 425 degrees now.







Next, I sprayed my pie plate with Pam with flour,  unrolled one of the crusts and placed it in the pie plate. Now you're ready to spoon the delicious mixture into the pie plate and place the second crust on top, sealing the edges. You'll want to cut several slits in the top for ventilation. And sprinkle with sugar (I used sugar crystals).  I placed a baking ring on my pie to prevent the edges from over browning. If you don't have one of these, you should really get one.....but you can always make your own out of aluminum foil.






Bake at 425 degrees for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until golden brown. Cool at least 2 hours before slicing. I know, it's very difficult to resist. Maybe just leave your house for two hours. 
Enjoy!!








No comments:

Post a Comment